Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hanna Goes to School!!

The Co-op Pre-School representative called me. Somebody has moved out so there was a spot for Hanna and she may begin immediately... no need to wait until new intake in Sept 08. Hanna sungguh terkinja2 nak pegi skolah malam tu... can't wait till tomorrow. I was also excited... as I'm gonna be the helper mom (teacher's assistant) for the 1st time.
Hanna's new schedule goes like this:
  • School days - Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9.30am to 12.30pm (best tak?! 3x jer seminggu... and the fee, $172/month... plus $86 once a year. Believe me... that's the cheapest in town!!)
  • Art & Craft class - Wednesday 4.00pm
  • Story telling session - Thursday 2.00pm

Tried to get her as busy as I could so that she won't be clinging at me too much. Thought of enrolling her to the music class every Tuesday and Friday... tapi Abaji didn't approve!!... nanti leka main music je... jadi mcm Mak, eh tak... mcm Kassim Selamat!!.. Kelas mengaji kat Masjid East 96th Street tu tak terima budak 3 thn... aci tak cenggitu??! And of course spiritual activities has to be continuously taugh at home.

One thing I like about this school... it's a small group of children fully run by parents-teacher. Parents and teacher sit together and go through the syllabus and the teaching program. Every session must be attended by a helper mom on rotation basis whose child being taught in the class. And I already got my schedule to be the helper mom too. Kena jaga 6 kali sampai abis sem.

Frankly, I felt so blessed to be able to get involve directly with my daughter's formal learning process. I felt safe and secure to see my daughter learn and socialize in front of my eyes (although I cannot supervise the class everyday...). At least I'll have some ideas if I decided to homeschooling my children one day (hhmm... tak abis2 berangan nak homeschooling...). In 2003, there's more than 1 million of homeschooled children in the US. Well, maybe I would be able to do so if we continue to stay in the US forever (chehh... berangan lagi...).




.

2 comments:

MS.QHEARTS said...

kak num, aku nak chop anak ko jadik menantu bleh? ;) -lynn-

Hanum said...

hehehe... main chop2 mcm zaman dolu2 plaks. aku ok jerr... lagi la suka sbb dah kenal latar belakang. takut si hensem ko jer yg jual mahal nanti... hahahaha!!